Spring is around the corner. I am announcing our first phalaenopsis photo contest. We hope that this will be a fun project to get everyone involved with our discussion forum and growing phalaenopsis. Everyone can participate by submitting photos and voting each month.
We took a poll earlier and we have 24 responses from members who voted they are or may be interested in a photo contest.http://www.phalaenopsis.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11314
We are looking for 14 phalaenopsis photos to use in our calendar. Each member can have up to 2 photos selected. So we could have as many as 14 different members with winning photos, or 6 winners. Each winner will receive a free calendar before Christmas this year. This includes members who live outside of US.
Your photo contest committee - peterlin, Pete, and Moist von Lipwig have prepared the following guidelines.
Photo Contest Rules
1. Digital photos of Phalaenopsis. Photos can be taken from a Single flower, multiple flowers or entire Inflorescences or plant.
2. No copyright on the photo in the actual calendar. Photo submitted for consideration can have copyright watermark and smaller size.
3. Digital file should be 2400 x 3000 pixels to have enough details for a 8x10 print. We would recommend a camera with 5MP or more.
4. Photos of plants must be and grown by photographer.
5. One photographer is limited to 2 photos in the calendar. Once a member with 2 photos selected, he or she cannot enter in the following months.
6. Member is asked to submit one
photo each month for consideration. This is done by sending a private message to photos
. In your message you would include a link to your photo that you would like to enter. The link can be a photo you posted in a topic on this forum, or to an external website (i.e. Google's Picasa or Photobucket).
7. All entries must be received by the 14th of the month.
On the 15th of the month, we will have photo of the month topic that includes all photos for members to vote. Voting will finish on the last day of the month.
8. Any photo not selected in a month will automatically be
resubmitted for the following month.
9. Photo contest will run from March 1, 2012 and ends on Oct 30, 2012. This means the last month we will need to select 5 photos to make our 14 photos.10. Photo submitted should be in landscape, not portrait.
11. Photo submitted should be properly labeled. This means photo from phalaenopsis without names are not accepted.
So let us get busy and grow our phalaenopsis well and show them off with great photos !
Please feel free to give us your feedback by contacting us at photos
or reply to this post.