(817) 754-0465

It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: chattaladae.com
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:21 am 
Customer

Chattaladae.com was constructed to address the confusion surrounding the various red forms of Phal. cornu-cervi, and the recent description of yet another red form of cornu-cervi, f. chattaladae.

The site features a FAQ that addresses the differences between rubescens/sanguinea, thalebanii and chattaladae, and has a chattaladae timeline, featuring the most important chattaladae events.

Dr. Grove has also been generous enough to allow me to reprint his article in entirety that appeared in the August 2006 edition of Orchids where he describes the chattaladae forma and its history. So if you weren’t able to read the article, it is now available on-line.

There is also a registration form to join a notification list that will be used to notify people when the flasks and seedlings are ready. There is a (hidden) time stamp on the registration form, so register early if you want to reserve flasks or plants; in the event that there is insufficient supply to meet the demand, this time stamp could be used to establish priority.

I will be updating the site next year, adding more photos, and updating the status of the capsule I have now, and the others I plan on making. If all goes well, I expect to be able to begin shipping flasks and seedlings of the chattaladae forma by Spring 2008, possibly earlier if they grow quickly in the lab. (Yeah, I know, that seems like a long time, but trust me, I have been waiting longer than that for my plants) …

I plan to really turn up the promotion of the site after the first of the year, but I wanted to let Big Leaf Orchids Forum members get in ahead of the rest. Thanks, Peter, for allowing me to post this notification for the benefit of your forum members.

Postscript: After briefly considering blogger and myspace, I approached Peter about hosting a thread specifically for discussing red forms of cornu-cervi, their history and classification, right here in the Big Leaf Orchids Forum. I will be linking to this thread from chattaladae.com. The focus is on chattaladae, but because the formal description of chattaladae has implications for thalebanii and rubescens/sanguinea, discussion of those are not outside the focus. I would greatly appreciate it if discussion could be kept focused on cornu-cervi in this thread; as it will make it a much more valuable resource. Thanks again, Peter!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by naturegirl72: As Jayfar told me chattaladae.com can still be reached via: http://63.249.73.13/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:56 am 
Site Admin

You are welcome. I'm sure many folks are waiting to be on the list when this species becomes available.

I made this thread a sticky so that it will be on the top for easy access.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:58 pm 
Customer

Hello Robert,

Love the website. Looks great and can't wait until plants come available.

Rob :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:21 am 
Customer

Well, I appear to have two more capsules on the way ... it is early to tell for sure, but they have made it over the first couple of hurdles ... if I end up with plants from these as well, there should be no issue with supply and demand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:46 pm 
Customer

The first capsule is about 80 days ahead of the other two. The two more recent capsules are looking promising though. I think they will probably go to term.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:54 pm 
Customer

woohoo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:39 pm 
Global Moderator

That's great Rob't... Very good news, indeed! 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:00 am 
Customer

Thanks for the encouragement guys ... believe me, nothing would make me happier than to have so many of these that I "have to" sell them for cheap ... ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:21 am 
Customer

Yea, they look great Rob.

Good job!!

Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:37 pm 
Customer

Robert,

Nice work! Please keep us updated as I know I'm not the only one that would love to obtain one of these beauties! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:54 pm 
Customer

Here is a photo from this morning. The capsules have developed nicely in the last 40 days or so ... both plants have new buds, new flower spikes, new leaves and roots growing. They are happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:18 pm 
Customer

Would you spread some seed already!!
Some of us are getting tired of waiting :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

Looks to have a lot of seeds. :-)

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:46 pm 
Customer

Trust me, the longer I leave them on the plant, the shorter they will be in the lab.

;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:43 am 
Global Moderator

That's just great, Rob't... You'll have a hard day once they will be ready for flask. I hope you will have many flasks for the replate stage ! ;-)
Alain

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next